Bishop John J. Snyder High School is committed to the education of the whole person. As a Catholic school, it is our unique mission to guide young people in developing a Christian social consciousness and a commitment to a life of justice and peace.
- All students must complete a minimum of twenty-five hours of Christian service each year they attend Bishop John J. Snyder High School. All service hours must be volunteer (non-paid) and completed after school hours.
- Each year the time frame for performing community service will be June 1st through May 1st.
- We strongly suggest that students pace themselves by setting a personal goal of at least five hours over the summer and five hours per academic quarter.
- Service hours will be adjusted on a sliding scale to accommodate transfer students; however, hours may not be rolled over from one year to the next.
- Students are responsible for completely filling out and submitting a Record of Christian Service to the Office of Campus Ministry as documentation of each completed service project. Forms are available in the Office of Campus Ministry and in religion classrooms.
- Seniors must complete the minimum number of Christian service hours in order to participate in graduation exercises.
CURRENT SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES:
- Here is a list of pre-approved-service-ideas-2016 that may help you think of things you are already doing that count as service hours.
- Students can also check out HandsOn Jacksonville at www.handsonjacksonville.org for ideas to get started volunteering in the community!