Please read the
for updated information on service hour requirements due to circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 Pandemic.
It is the unique mission of Bishop John J. Snyder High School to guide young people in developing a Christian social consciousness and a commitment to a life of justice and peace.
All students are required to complete a minimum of twenty-five (25) hours of Christian Service each year. The goal is twofold: to encourage students to reach out to their neighbors and see the face of Christ in the communities they serve, and to prepare students for the Bright Futures Scholarships and for college.
The following are the guidelines for Recording Christian Service Hours:
- Record of Christian Service forms can be obtained on the school website, through religion classes, or in the Office of Campus Ministry.
- The Record of Christian Service must be completely filled out before submission to Campus Ministry. Incomplete forms will be returned to students.
- Christian service hours may only be recorded for non-paid service to the community outside of school hours.
- Service hours performed for family members or extended family members will not be accepted for credit. We see service to family members is part of what it means to belong to a family.
- Service completed and recorded and organizations where service is completed must be in line with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Service hours completed over the summer will count for the following school year.
- Information on upcoming service projects can be found through the Office of Campus Ministry
Important Christian Service Deadlines
- Summer hours must be submitted by the Tuesday following Labor Day.
- Service hours for seniors are due at the end of the 3rd grading period.
- Service hours for freshmen, sophomores and juniors are due by May 1st.
Students may submit a Service Hours Extension Request Form if hours are to be completed after the May 1st deadline.
Thank you for following these guidelines to ensure the success of the Christian Service Program.