Office Hours:

●        Regular office hours               7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Monday - Friday

●        Summer/Holiday hours          8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.  Monday - Friday



Course Request Forms
Freshmen who are fully enrolled will receive a Course Request Form in early March or upon enrollment. Please return this form to the Office of Admissions. New upperclassmen will have the chance to discuss course requests during the interview process.

 When do freshmen get their class schedules?
Class schedules are mailed in June. To receive another copy of your schedule, please contact the Office of School Counseling before the first day of school.

Get Involved Over the Summer
Sports camps and service opportunities will be available to enrolled freshmen. Sports camps and other opportunities may be found on our website.

Where do I purchase uniforms?
School uniforms may be purchased at North Florida Uniform, 11481 Old St. Augustine Rd., Suite 301, Jacksonville, FL 32258. Please call (904) 288-8839 for directions and summer hours.

Used uniforms will be available for sale during summer events. Notices will be emailed. All proceeds from used-uniform sales benefit Campus Ministry programs.

Where can I find information about the school lunches?
SLA Management provides hot lunches, salads and sandwiches each day. To set up a lunch payment account online visit  www.slalunch.com or call their customer service department at 1-407-740-7677. For daily lunch menus, please refer to the website under "Parents and Students." Students may also bring their lunch and microwaves are available in the cafeteria.

What should students bring on the first day of school?
Bring textbooks, at least one notebook, a pen, a pencil; lunch or lunch money ($5.50); P.E. uniform (if needed.) 



Where can I find more information about Summer Reading requirements?
Please remember to have your son or daughter complete all summer reading before the first day of school. The summer reading list will be share with you before the end of the school year.

Bring Your Own Device Policy
Students at Snyder have the option to use iPads, ChromeBooks, laptops and Kindles as well as traditional textbooks. Cell phones are not permitted as a learning device in the classroom.

How do I order textbooks?
Please note that our online bookstore, MBS Direct will open in July. Books may be purchased through MBS Direct (the official textbook provider for Snyder).

 To order books visit MBSDirect.net and enter "Bishop John J. Snyder High School." You can access our school booklist through our website. Click "Academics" on the homepage and choose “Textbook and School Supply List.”

If you use Amazon for books or for ANY type of purchase, you can benefit Snyder by shopping through Amazon Smile and choosing Bishop John J. Snyder High School as the organization you wish to support.

Are there any tips for a new student to help learn the rotating schedule?
To help you learn your schedule, we suggest that you make two copies and keep one in your locker and the other in your planner. Planners will be distributed to students the first day of school in A Period. The daily rotation and bell schedule are listed inside your planner.


Where can I find the appropriate physical forms for my student to participate in athletics?
Every student must turn in a physical form completed by a doctor. FHSAA participation forms must be submitted prior to trying out for any sport team or drumline/pep band. These forms can be downloaded from our website or obtained from the Office of Athletics.

Individual Sports and Coaches
Visit the Athletics page on our website and choose Teams & Coaches to learn more and to contact coaches. Many teams workout during the summer and enrolled athletes are encouraged to participate.

How do I purchase PE Uniforms?
PE clothes may be purchased in the Office of Athletics or from the PE teacher during the first week of classes. The cost for a shirt and shorts is $10 each or $20 per set. Sweatpants and sweatshirts can be purchased for $45 per set.



Where can I find the School Calendar and Athletic Calendar?
The official school calendar is located on the main page of our website (scroll to the bottom.) The Athletics calendar can be found on the main athletics page. Please check these calendars daily as updates are made regularly.

What is ParentsWeb?
ParentsWeb is a web portal through which parents and students can view student progress in each class.  Students and parents have separate access accounts. New students will receive their RenWeb login information after the school year begins.

What is Parent Alert?
Parent Alert is a notification service that allows us to send messages to parents via phone, email and text providing important information about school events or emergencies. Please remember to notify us if any of your phone numbers change. It is important that we can contact you when necessary.

Whom do I contact if our family's contact information has changed?
Alert us to any address or phone changes by calling (904) 771-1029. It is important that we have current information to keep in touch with your family for general purposes and in the event of an emergency.

The majority of our communication comes via email. This allows us to be timely and cost-efficient. If your email changes through the year, please notify us. Constant Contact is our email provider, please add them to your "safe mail" list.

 Are students allowed to carry backpacks to class?
Students may carry a backpack to and from school. During the school day, it must be left in the student's locker.

 Are cellphones allowed?
Cell phones are allowed on campus but must be stored in the student's lockers during school hours. Cell phone usage is not permitted at lunch or in between classes. Students may use the landline available in the main office to make necessary calls.

Does the school have a bus service and/or other methods of transportation?
We operate transportation from the Mandarin/Baymeadows, Northside, Southside and Westside communities as well as to Fleming Island, Orange Park and Middleburg. Call Coach Kellum at (904) 908-8969 for more information on routes and pricing.

When and where are parking passes purchased?
Seniors may choose their parking spaces at any time. Other licensed drivers may choose their parking spaces beginning August 1st. The Authorization for Parking form, located on our website, must be completed and brought to the Dean of Students' Office along with a copy of the driver's license, proof of insurance and $100.00 fee.

Is Christian service required?
All students are required to complete a minimum of twenty-five (25) hours of Christian Service each year. The goal is twofold: to encourage students to see the face of Christ in the communities they serve, and to prepare students for the Bright Futures Scholarships.

Record of Christian Service forms can be obtained on the school website under "Parents and Students / Forms", through religion classes, or in the Office of Campus Ministry.


School Address:

Bishop John J. Snyder High School
5001 Samaritan Way
Jacksonville, FL 32210

School Phone and Fax:

904-771-1029 – main office
904-908-8988 - fax